PNR&D investigators are currently involved in several major clinical trials that extend from our basic science and patient-oriented research initiatives. Through these clinical programs, we are not only examining new approaches to diagnose and treat disorders like ALS, pediatric neuromuscular disease, and diabetic neuropathy, we also are gaining insight into the disease mechanisms themselves and providing a foundation for application to other neurological conditions. Details on the ongoing trials are available through the links below.
- ALS stem cell trial
- MRI imaging techniques for ALS
- Targeted therapy discovery and clinical trials for myopathy
- Exenatide trial for type 2 diabetic patients with peripheral neuropathy
- Using neuroimaging techniques to understand and direct new treatments for chronic pain
- SEARCH trial to understand the prevalence of diabetic complications in youth